Real estate owner residence permit Residencies Plan of Latvia (Europe)
Real estate owner residence permit
The total value of the real estate must be at least €250,000, or outside the said administrative territories – no more than two immovable properties (with exception when the immovable property is vacant land) and each of them represents one functionally (road) connected immovable property, the total value of which is at least €250,000.
Dependents may be included in the application.
The residence permit will have a validity not exceeding 5 years. After that period, you may renew your residence permit if you still fulfill the requirements, or you may apply for a permanent residence permit. Language skills and significant physical residency in the country for 5 years may be required for permanent residency.
Foreigners who hold a permanent residence permit and have been living in Latvia for 5 years, may apply for citizenship if they fulfill certain conditions.
- You have no real estate tax debts,
- The payment of the total real estate value has been made by non-cash settlement,
- The real estate has been purchased from a legal entity registered in the Republic of Latvia or a Member State of the European Union, any country of the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation and which is a taxpayer in the Republic of Latvia within the meaning of the tax laws of the Republic of Latvia; or the real estate has been purchased from a natural entity who is a citizen of the Republic of Latvia, a non-citizen of the Republic of Latvia, a citizen of the European Union or a foreigner who is staying in the Republic of Latvia on the basis of a valid residence permit.
- The total cadastral value of the real estate is at least €80,000 at the moment of purchase. If a foreigner has acquired two immovable properties outside Riga or Jurmala, or in Adazi, Babite, Baldone, Carnikava, Garkalne, Ikskile, Kekava, Marupe, Olaine, Ropazi, Salaspils or Stopini municipalities, the cadastral value of each immovable property at the time of acquisition thereof shall be at least €40,000. If the cadastral value is below the amounts referred to in this sub-clause, the total value of the real estate, in accordance with the real estate market value determined by a certified real estate appraisal, shall not be below €250,000 or, if a foreigner has acquired two immovable properties – the market value of each immovable property may not be less than €125,000.
- Upon applying for a first temporary residence permit, the person must pay 5% of the real estate purchase value into the state budget;
- The real estate must not comprise agricultural land or wooded land.
- If you are accompanied by your spouse and a minor child or a child in your custody, you must submit additional documents confirming kinship, as well as a consent to stay in the Republic of Latvia issued by the parent that does not accompany the child during the travel. The abovementioned consent must have a notary’s certification or it must be signed in the presence of an official of the Office or representation.
- Health Insurance
- An opinion of a certified real estate appraiser regarding the conformity of the real estate market value to the value referred to in Paragraph 29 of Article 23 (1) of the Immigration Law, if the cadastral value of the real estate fails to comply with the value referred to in the Paragraph 29 (d) of Article 23 (1) of the Immigration Law.
No nationality is officially restricted
Dual citizenship is recognized in Latvia. You are not required to renounce your previous nationality to become a citizen of Latvia.
Dual Citizenship permitted with some exceptions
- Proof of income
- Original and photocopy of passport
- One passport-size photo
- Evidence of Health Insurance
- Evidence of Residential Address
- Receipt of payment of fees
- Proof of Payment of Real Estate
- dual citizenship Yes
- Family members included Yes
- land ownership Yes
- Physical residence required No
- Personal visit required Yes
- Language skills required No
- Interview required No
- Investment Single €250,000
- Investment Family 4 €250,000
- Minimum annual income -
- Time to citizenship 72
- Time to permanent residency 60
- Visa-free countries 165
- Financing available No
The Republic of Latvia is a sovereign member of the European Union, which covers 64,589 km² and has a total population of 2,070,371 inhabitants. Its capital is Riga. Latvia is located in northern Europe, and is one of the Baltic countries. It shares borders with Estonia to the north, Lithuania to the south, to the east with Russia and Belarus, and to the west with the Baltic Sea. It is a country of low plains covered by extensive forests.Latvia gained its independence in 1991, after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Since then, it has become a member of the United Nations, European Unionand NATO since 2004, and became a member of the OECD in 2016. Currently the country is a democratic parliamentary republic divided into 120 municipalities.The country adopted the euro as its official currency on January 1, 2014.
- National Flag of:Latvia
- Area Code:371
- Native Languages:Latvian, Russian, Lithuanian
With your new passport from Latvia you'll be able to access 165 countries visa freecitizenship benefits Visa-free or Visa on arrival to 165 countries including United States Schengen Area United Kingdom Visa-free access to the United States Get one of the most valuable passport worldwide Become an EU citizen with the right to live work do business invest own property and access to healthcare and education benefits throughout the European Union permanent residency benefits Access to healthcare and education system The right to live and work in Latvia without any time limit Live and work across the EU Be eligible for citizenship in a short period of time temporary residency benefits Low tax jurisdiction Potentially profitable investment Low cost of living Be eventually eligible for permanent residency Travel visa-free across the European Union Peaceful democratic and politically stable country Low crime rate country
|government fees main applicant||€10|
To be a tax resident in Latvia, an individual must have his or her permanent place of residence in Latvia, or be present in Latvia for 183 days or more in any 12-month period.
Residents are subject to tax on their worldwide income, while non-residents pay taxes on their income derived from Latvia.
Employment income and business income are taxed at 23%, capital gains at 15% and investment income at 10%.
Income from controlled foreign companies (CFCs) is subject to personal income tax at 23%. A foreign entity is deemed to be a CFC when a Latvian tax resident holds at least 25% of equity, stock, or voting power.
Real property tax is levied at 1.5% of the cadastral value of land and buildings. Residential properties are taxed between 0.2% and 0.6%. Unused agricultural land is taxed at 3%.
A stamp duty is levied on the higher of sales price or cadastral value when real property is registered in the land register, capped at €42,686.
The standard V.A.T. rate is 21%. A reduced 12% rate applies to certain goods and services.
There are no taxes on inheritances and personal wealth in Latvia.
Regarding corporate taxation, resident entities are subject to a 15% tax on their worldwide income.
|Net worth tax||No|
|Tax residency days||183|
|Personal income tax rate||23%|
|Capital Gains tax rate||15%|
|Investment income tax rate||10%|
Latvia immigration, Latvia start-up investment visa, Latvia investment immigration, Latvia self-employed immigration, Latvia entrepreneurs visa, Latvia golden visa, Latvia real estate immigration, Latvia bank deposit immigration, Latvia active business investment, Latvia bonds immigration, Latvia entrepreneurship immigration, Latvia pension immigration, Latvia proof of income immigration, Latvia Passive Income immigration, Latvia Private equity immigration, Latvia Venture capital immigration, Latvia second citizenship, Latvia visa, Latvia citizenship, Latvia RESIDENCY, Latvia education, Latvia Citizenship by investment, Latvia Residency by investment, Latvia Immigration by investment, Latvia Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot,